Lummus Digital monitors plant health and operates parameters remotely through the use of an operations Digital Twin. By doing so, the Digital Twin manages complex variable interactions within the different processes taking place in the actual plant to provide root cause analysis, and it offers recommendations; thus, empowering maintenance technicians with Augmented Reality.
Click and Explore our Innovative Solutions
To monitor plant health with key KPIs, equipment conditions, and parameters’ operating range. It also diagnoses the problem of bad health with KPIs/ equipment or off-limit parameters; thus, identifying the root cause and recommending actions.
Maintenance Technician Augmentation - AR
Empower maintenance technicians with Augmented Reality to perform tasks more efficiently and effectively.
Operations Digital Twin
The Operations Digital Twin involves the building of a visual replica of the actual plant. The Digital Twin is not only for the physical representation of assets and real-time operating tag values, but it is also for real-time duties and the health status of processes/equipment. The Digital Twin alerts and diagnoses any plant performance issue from anywhere in the world.
Benchmarking solution focuses on improving the performance of the existing, installed process technology. The solution is based on enhanced KPIs and learnings obtained from other sites running Remote Monitoring systems. Another important benefit is improving the technology’s competitive edge, which reduces both the OPEX and CAPEX for greenfield plants.
Maintenance Materials and Resource Planning
For a particular piece of equipment or device, the Maintenance Materials and Resource Planning solution provides insights on the most effective and efficient availability of the properly-skilled technicians needed to perform the specific tasks. These valuable insights are a direct result of work initiation from the work management system. The solution also provides insights on the just-in-time availability of specific spare part(s).
Digitalization Success Story
Remote Plant Monitoring System for a Large Petrochemicals Manufacturer
To remotely monitor the real-time health of the various systems in the plant
- Building a virtual plant as a digital replica of the actual plant
- Enabling the monitoring of plant health in real-time, with key KPIs, equipment conditions, and parameters’ operating ranges
- Monitoring, in great detail, all the systems within the plant – feedstock, cracking, storage, polymerization, bagging, utilities, etc.
- Diagnosing equipment with bad health, or those operating at off-limit parameters; identified the root cause and recommended actions. Thereby, operators were able to make rapid and plant floor-level decisions
Business Impacts & Outcomes
- Improved production and yield
- Reduced energy consumption
- Improved uptime of plant and assets
- Maximized operational life of plant assets